Thursday, August 7, 2014

London

  I’ve been extremely  fortunate this summer. My break from school has been filled with trips to eight different countries and fifteen different cities, allowing this summer to be the best I’ve had yet. This summer of travel included a trip to Europe with my family that began with four days in London. I am so excited to share these few highlights of my time in England and hope that you enjoy them as much as I do!
  My favorite part of our time in London was our visit to the Tate Modern, which is now one of my favorite museums. And as a very serious foodie, I definitely appreciated the delicious meal my family and I had at the Pheasant Inn near Heathrow Airport and the great bubble tea we were able to grab in Chinatown. My parents also definitely enjoyed a cruise we took along the Thames River, from which we got to see Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and the Shakespeare Globe Theatre. Here are some pictures from our trip!

{Trafalgar Square as seen from the steps of the National Gallery}

{Bookshop near Covent Garden}

{Ceiling inside the British Museum, where my brother and I got to see the Rosetta Stone just before closing}

{Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, as seen from our river cruise}

{Flowers from our walk through Hyde Park from Buckingham Palace to Kensington Palace}

{The London Eye}

      We definitely enjoyed our stay in London, but next time I hope to explore more of England. More pictures from my trip to Europe are available on my Instagram (@virali). Thanks for reading!
~ V

All pictures taken by Virali. Please ask for permission before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment