Friday, February 6, 2015

Blogaversary

      It's pretty difficult for me to motivate myself to write. You wouldn't think so, me being a journalism major. But most days, writing articles, posts, etc. feels like squeezing blood from a stone. I can do it, but I don't always want to. Actually, I never want to. 
      This inherent laziness has caused me to be absent from a lot of writing outlets in my life for the past six months, including this blog. I viewed it more as a writing vacation, but it was more about giving myself a chance to breathe. Writing a lot easily burns me out, and I pushed myself so hard to write over the summer that I burned myself out in the fall. 
      But not this semester, or at least, I hope not. I have already locked myself in my room to bang out four articles highlighting my concert ventures this fall. And not only will I be writing for my gradesI'm taking News Writing and Reporting II at my schoolbut I will be writing because it's hardwired into my brain. I need to produce, whether that's a journalism article or a poem, or else I fall into a state of flubber
      That being said, I'm looking forward to publishing more on OMS. I can't be mad at myself for being incredibly inconsistent, because as much as I'd like to believe that I will publish as often as Virali does, I probably won't [Editor's Note: Aww, shucks. Let's be real though, I don't post nearly enough either, haha]. But publishing something is better than nothing. 
      Cheers!

~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment